Join us for the 2020/2021 season! Details to be confirmed
- Prince George LumberJacks Wheelchair Basketball weekly practices offer skill development to help bring your game to the next level
NASA Membership required to register
Everyone welcome! No experience is necessary and all equipment including sports wheelchairs are available
Stay connected join Prince George LumberJacks Wheelchair Basketball group on Facebook
photo credit Northern Sports Centre
Wheelchair basketball is very similar to stand-up basketball with a few minor adjustments to meet the needs of the game when played in a wheelchair.
Watch Wheelchair Basketball 101 to learn more about this sport
Unique to Wheelchair Basketball:
1. Players are allowed to double dribble. After two pushes you must dribble, pass or shoot the ball.
2. Able-bodied (AB) and athletes with disabilities play together on the same team.
3. Depending on ability level, players are classified and assigned a point value ranging from 1.0 to 4.5. The classification point value of the five players competing on the court is totalled, and may not exceed a certain number depending on the league or level of play.
- Provincial opportunities to be announced