Northern WOW/MOW Camp – Sep 21, 2019 Prince George
Prince George LumberJacks Wheelchair Basketball weekly practices offer skill development to help bring your game to the next level
6:00pm-8:00pm Mondays at Northern Sports Centre
NASA Membership required to register
RecNorth Drop-In 6:00pm-9:00pm Fridays at Northern Sports Centre
Everyone welcome! No experience is necessary and all equipment including sports wheelchairs are available
Free for Northern Sport Centre members & youth under 13yrs or $6.00 drop in rate for non-members. NSC offers disability membership rate, contact for details
Stay connected join Prince George LumberJacks Wheelchair Basketball group on Facebook
photo credit Northern Sports Centre
Wheelchair basketball is very similar to stand-up basketball with a few minor adjustments to meet the needs of the game when played in a wheelchair.
Watch Wheelchair Basketball 101 to learn more about this sport
Unique to Wheelchair Basketball:
1. Players are allowed to double dribble. After two pushes you must dribble, pass or shoot the ball.
2. Able-bodied (AB) and athletes with disabilities play together on the same team.
3. Depending on ability level, players are classified and assigned a point value ranging from 1.0 to 4.5. The classification point value of the five players competing on the court is totalled, and may not exceed a certain number depending on the league or level of play.
- BC-CWBL Tournament 1 Oct 26-27, 2019 Kelowna
- BC-CWBL Tournament 2 Nov 16-17, 2019 Victoria
- BC-CWBL Tournament 3 Jan 18-19, 2020 Kamloops
- BC-CWBL Tournament 4 Mar 14-15, 2020 Langley
- BC-CWBL Finals Apr 18-19, 2020 Richmond
- BC Winter Games – Feb 20-23, 2020 Fort St John
- Women’s Only Weekend – Nov 2-3, 2019 Richmond
- Jr Challenge – Nov 16-17, 2019
- Junior West Regional Championship – Apr 24-26, 2020 Kamloops
- Jr ID Camp – May 15-16, 2020
- Okanagan Jamboree – Jun 6-7, 2020