Prince George LumberJacks Wheelchair Basketball weekly practices offer skill development to help bring your game to the next level
1:00pm-3:00pm at Northern Sports Centre (Feb 1, Feb 15, Feb 17, Mar 7)
NASA Membership required to register
Drop-In 6:00pm-9:00pm Fridays at Northern Sports Centre (see schedule for dates)
Everyone welcome! No experience is necessary and all equipment including sports wheelchairs are available
Stay connected join Prince George LumberJacks Wheelchair Basketball group on Facebook
photo credit Northern Sports Centre
Wheelchair basketball is very similar to stand-up basketball with a few minor adjustments to meet the needs of the game when played in a wheelchair.
Watch Wheelchair Basketball 101 to learn more about this sport
Unique to Wheelchair Basketball:
1. Players are allowed to double dribble. After two pushes you must dribble, pass or shoot the ball.
2. Able-bodied (AB) and athletes with disabilities play together on the same team.
3. Depending on ability level, players are classified and assigned a point value ranging from 1.0 to 4.5. The classification point value of the five players competing on the court is totalled, and may not exceed a certain number depending on the league or level of play.
- BC-CWBL Finals – Mar 14-15, 2020 Richmond
- Jr Challenge Festival – Mar 28-29, 2020
- Junior West Regional Championship – Apr 24-26, 2020 Kamloops
- Jr ID Camp – May 15-16, 2020
- Okanagan Jamboree – Jun 6-7, 2020